Friday, July 08, 2005

Distraction

Those of you who know my mother will not be surprised to learn that, while she's been here, instead of writing or doing any of the other things I have been piddling around with for the last two-and-a-half weeks, I've been deep in conversation pretty much the entire time, including the daily rides because, like the former Peace Corps volunteer and farm owner she is, she has gamely gone on a ride every single day. The last time she rode before this trip was for about two minutes, one year ago when my brother and sister-in-law got married out here. The last time before that was probably in the mid-80s. Way to go, Mom!

She and Marsh leave today, though, so I should be able to get some "work" done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

seems like you'd get more work done if you went to bed at a more reasonable hour