Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Photos July 22, Midday Walk and Evening Ride

Our walk up on the mountain today was only about 1 1/2 hours, but it was hot, and there was a lot of climbing. Back home, looking at the topographical map, it appears that we only climbed about 800 feet in elevation--that seems low to me. I'm sure it was more like 10,000 feet. Here, the dogs are cooling off in one of the many springs.

This is definitely a fire ring. It's fun to come upon something like this in the middle of nowhere. Is someone camping here, or going to? What is this for???

After our walk, I drove up to the top of the mountain on a different road, and took this picture, looking east over K&A's riding grounds. I think the clearcut slightly to the left of every other pale part is where I got lost with my inlaws several years ago. Shadow got us home, though.

Here is another clearcut, from somewhere up on Gold Mountain (or Gold Hill?).

And here is the same clearcut, from my evening ride. I am finally, finally, beginning to understand the layout of this place. After riding here, mostly cluelessly, for the last six years.

No comments: