Monday, March 26, 2012

Demoralized

Last night it POURED rain most of the night. At 8:00am when I got out of bed, it was gray and dismal outside my window, with the hillside mostly brown, and the temperature hovering just over 30. Okay, so, not AWESOME, but not bad.
By the time I was dressed, however, about 2 minutes later, it had started to snow. Again. Heavily.

My limbs felt leaden as I pulled my rain pants on this morning, preparing to let the horses out into the mess. I noted that the rain I’d heard in the night had, in fact, caused the water in both White Trash Creek and Jerome Creek to rise by several feet, and I wondered, not completely idly, if I should park my car on the other side of both the bridges leading out of the yard. They look pretty sturdy, but then, this IS, by all accounts, a particularly wet spring (okay, I made that up. But by MY account it SUCKS.).

The mostly brown hillside outside my bedroom window is slowly turning white again. After China, this is just insulting.

I don’t think I can wait until July 5 for summer to begin in the PNW. I’m looking at a long weekend away to Vegas, which is pretty much the exact opposite of where I am now, and where I can have a pool to lie beside.

That’s how bad it is.


To add to my distress, I took a picture of raging White Trash Creek in the snowstorm, and even though Blogger and Picasa are both Google products, they don't speak to each other. They claim they are going to, but they don't. And so if you want to see what it looks like here today, you can't just look at it on this blog. You have to take an extra step and go here

No comments: